Saturday, June 30, 2007

eZine

The library wants to start an eZine. It will be a free subscription newsletter, distributed once or twice a month, that will inform folk about what is going on at the library -- not just programs and events, but anecdotes, staff picks of favorite books, movies, or music in the collection, and information about how to use some of our services, like ebooks and downloadable videos. We want to reach out to the online community, but do not want to spam everyone who has supplied their email address as part of their library record.

The problem is that I don't know the process of creating an eZine. I gather I need some kind of subscription program -- okay, I've found that. I gather lines should be no longer than 65 characters -- okay, we can do that. But what are the mechanics beyond that? Anyone willing to help me out here?

Thanks.
kc

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be of use to you:


http://www.e-zinez.com/

naplblog said...

That site helps a lot. Thank you so much!!

Beginning Aug 1 a link will appear on our website where anyone can subscribe to our new library ezine. Hope you'll remember, and join us then!

kc

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm a native of North Adams and a blogger for CR4: The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion. I've written a four-part series called "The Sprague Electric Company's Long Goodbye". Would you consider linking to my story? Here's the URL to the first part.

http://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/2733/The-Sprague-Electric-Company-s-Long-Goodbye-Part-1

Steve

naplblog said...

Steve,

Thank you for letting me know about this. It is a wonderful resource, and I will be happy to link to it from our Local History page. However, I am guessing that over time it will scroll down and then off of your blog. So perhaps it would be better if, with your permission, I copy it onto our website and then link to it there(?). That way I think it will stick around longer.

I also will need your full name, so I can attribute to you as author.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks again for writing.

Kacy